Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gratitude

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone. ~G.B. Stern

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

I saw this on someone else’s blog and decided that even if I never ended up posting it on my own blog it would be a good thing to think about, write down and then hopefully share. I encourage anyone reading to at least think of 10 things that you are thankful for. This past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and you’d think that it would be real easy for me to think of 10 things that I’m thankful for but here it is almost a week later and I’m still working on my list. I’m hoping that once I actually get started it will just flow. Here they are in no particular order.

1. My dog, Sasha – I know I’m a little bit biased but I really think she is an awesome dog! If I’m having a bad day she can calm me down by letting me pet her or doing something silly and making me laugh. Plus if I didn’t have her I’d probably get absolutely no exercise and would rarely leave the house.


2. My son, Kellan – Again I know I’m a little bit biased but I’m his mom I’m supposed to think he’s wonderful! He’s silly and smart and (usually) quite a joy to be around.


3. My husband, Scott – Some days he makes me so angry but then there’s other days that he makes me wonder at his thoughtfulness. He is my very bestest friend.



4. My computer – I know it seems strange but I am grateful for the opportunities I get to connect with both old and new friends via the internet. Just think – without the computer you would not be reading this!

5. My friends – Both my online friends and the friends that I get to see in real life are awesome. They both provide much support and I can only hope that I return that favor.

6. My Pankhurst family – I posted on Facebook a while back about my sisters being awesome and I know that they must have learned it from my parents. I know that I can ask anything of them and they will do what they can to help.


7. My Shaw family – It is amazing to me that my in-law family can be so loving and such a great example. I learn so much from them. They also will do what they can to help.


8. My car – Eddie Veder the Endeavor is my dream car and there are not words to express how grateful I am to finally have a car that I can trust to get me where I want and need to go.

9. Canada – I am grateful to live in a country where freedom is the norm. I can say pretty much what I want without any fear.

10. And last but certainly not least is my faith – Without faith I don’t think I would bother getting out of bed in the morning. I know that God watches over me and keeps me safe. Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith. ~Author Unknown

No comments: