Monday, January 5, 2009

Don't ya hate it when. . .

So anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to read and that I LOVE my dog, Sasha. I mean my very first post on here was about Sasha. So needless to say I was very excited when I saw that Oprah's new book club book was a book about dogs. Having been burned once before reading one of O's book club books, I really would not recommend The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet, I was also slightly leery at the same time. Since we don't have any extra money to be going out buying books when the public library here is pretty well stocked, I put the book The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski on hold. So months go by and eventually I see the book on the Best Sellers shelf at the library which means that I can get it out for a week. I spend the next week with the book glued to my hand and still don't finish it. I then have to wait about another month before I get high enough on the hold list to actually get the book for my allotted 3 week stint from the EPL. Luckily for me this time frame falls during the recent Christmas break so since Scott was off work I became slacker mom and read like crazy! So before this already long story gets any longer I'm just going to say I really hate it when you read a book but you're not quite sure how it ends. Did the main character die? Did the bad guy die? Did everyone live happily every after? If you like books with endings like this I have two book recommendations for you - The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and also The Giver.

2 comments:

catharooni said...

"edgar sawtelle" is on my list ..

as for the giver - did you read the other two in that "series?" "gathering blue" & "the messenger" are equally thought-provoking!

Amy Lynn Moore said...

You are the first person that I know that didn't like Pillars of the Earth. I love all the twists and turns.