Sunday, June 8, 2008

A fave new recipe

Since I always have trouble thinking of stuff to post I decided to start adding recipes. I don't know why I have such a hard time thinking of stuff - oh yeah probably because my life is kinda boring. I like it boring though so I guess that's okay.

Here's one that my online friend Steph shared that I LOVE! It's from the Kraft Canada website (http://www.kraftcanada.com/EN/ ) which I use all the time. OK I lied I had to go to the US Kraft site to find this recipe.

Chinese Take-out Lemon Chicken
1 Tbsp. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 pkg. (6 oz.) snow peas (about 2 cups), trimmed
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lemon Flavor Gelatin
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add snow peas and peppers; cook and stir 2 min.

MIX dry gelatin mix and cornstarch in small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.

SERVE over hot cooked rice, if desired.

Kraft Kitchens Tips
Substitute 2 pkg. (6 oz. each) OSCAR MAYER Grilled Chicken Breast Strips for the cooked fresh chicken strips. Heat oil in skillet as directed. Add chicken breast strips, snow peas and peppers; cook 3 to 5 min. or until chicken is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Continue as directed.
Jazz It Up
Add 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot or 3/4 tsp. ground ginger along with the broth, dressing and garlic.

I've made this recipe with pork and it's really good! Also I used frozen veg instead of fresh since that's what I had on hand and I used Light Zesty Italian. I just added the frozen veg and stir-fried them after cooking the meat. Haven't tried light Jello because Scott says aspartame tastes funny.

No comments: